There are some things that all hunters know, stories the hunter families tell their kids as they’re teaching them to line doorways with salt and how to lace a bullet with silver. Here are some of their stories.
- Alana Bunker is the Hunter’s fairy queen. She shows up in numerous stories, sometimes as a deus ex machina device in the kid-friendly versions.
- Werewolves are shapeshifters vulnerable to silver and tied to the cycles of the moon.
- Vampires are undead who drink the blood of the living. They are capable of moving only at night and must sleep during or burst into flames. They can be killed by a wooden stake through the heart or beheading.
- Ghosts are the vengeful departed spirits of mortals. Their manifestations can be dispelled with salt and permanently destroyed by salting and burning the physical remains.
- The Usurpers are evil spirits which possess the living. There are several varieties, but most are vulnerable to holy water, cannot cross a line of salt and can be forced to abandon a host body through a specific incantation. They cannot be directly killed by normal means, only forced to leave.
- Hitchhiker Usurpers are known to grant deals in exchange for souls.
- A standard Geistjager burial is to salt and burn the remains, then bury the ash. Many Hunters will perform such a burial on any dead sentient.